28 Feb 2009

Aren't you just 'one of them'?

Let's see!

When was the first time, you told yourself
"No, no, no... not me! I am not one of them."
When was the last time you cautiously reaffirmed
"No, no... not me! I can not be one of them."
Can you stop snickering when a fat fella falls?
Don't you run to the bushes when in urgency nature calls?
Can you stop an eve teaser from making an obscene note?
Don't you prefer a drive when there's a day off to vote?
Can you stop jumping the queue when the time seems short?
Don't you love poking others but yourself easily get out of sorts?
Can you stop your bike to help a blind man cross?
Don't you use the roadside as a bin to throw your dross?
Can you stop gazing till the maid finally passes an angry glance?
Don't you keep sitting while the aged in the aisle changes her stance?
Can you stop breaking others' windows while playing evening cricket?
Don't you pay the cop some bucks to avoid an overspeeding ticket?
Can you stop scratching your back while standing for the anthem?
Don't you just need a lame pretext to create ruckus and mayhem?
If you have answered these sequentially, in yesses and nays,
Then congrats my friend! You indeed aren't one of them.
As for me, I realise 'O Lord', still some gap remains.
Till I fill this lacuna, I am doomed to be just one of them!

Image Courtesy
http://blog.lib.umn.edu and http://photography.nationalgeographic.com (edited)

2 comments:

Samir Maggo said...

Beautiful thought provoking lines!

yes I am planning to vote this time :)

Vipul Grover said...

hey, my lines have an impact on some1 atleast. I hop they have sum impact on me too;)